My Client, a technology company specializing in a combination of multi-channel digital marketing and big data, wants to hire a EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Barcelona.
It’s a permanent position, with a competitive salary, located in the city of Barcelona. They offer: A young, dynamic and fun working environment. Growth opportunities in a revolutionary organization. Flexible schedule for work-life balance. 25 vacation days per year. Free afternoons on Fridays. Free afternoons every day in July and August. Discounted gym access. Beer day once a month.
They are looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer with a wide knowledge of GNU/Linux embedded development, verification, testing and integration.
●Design, implement, integrate, debug and test software for embedded devices, including requirements for production and commercial deployment.
●Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
●Work closely with other engineers, product managers and other stakeholders to define features and priorities.
● Integrate and validate new product designs.
●Prototype and test new technologies and ideas.
●Provide production and customer service support.
●Interface with hardware design and development.
●Assess third-party and open source software.
● BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
● Proven working experience in software engineering, and at least 4 years of experience in GNU/Linux embedded development, verification, testing and integration.
● Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets, with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
● Experience in Debian-based operating systems.
● Solid programming experience in Bash and Python.
● Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
● Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems.
● Strong documentation and writing skills.
● Familiar with agile methodologies (Kanban).
● Fluent in Spanish and at least Upper Intermediate level in English (B2).
is a plus Nice to have:
● Coding in C/C++ and makefiles. Knowledge of other programming languages will also be valued.
● Debian-Installer experience.
● Highly distributed environment experience.
● Knowledge of containers/docker environments.
● Audio/video processing.
If you are interested, please, contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org